Jaire Alexander Names Romeo Doubs the #2 Best WR In the NFL, Who's #1?

Packers star CB Jaire Alexander names his top two NFL wide receivers, two names that will be familiar to Green Bay Packers fans.
Packers star CB Jaire Alexander names his top two NFL wide receivers. 

With the Packers primed for another run at the Super Bowl, this year's training camp has been highly competitive. The competitive nature of new Packers defensive coordinator Jeff Hafley has spilled out onto the practice field, especially in the exhilarating WR/CB battle that is Romeo Doubs vs Jaire Alexander. The third year wideout has provided fierce competition for the Packers star corner, who is eager to re-establish his presence after coming off of an injury plagued 2023 campaign. One of Jordan Love's favorite targets looks to have a breakout season in 2024 and with catches like this, who can argue:

Doubs provided such a challenge for Jaire, that the Pro-Bowler demanded additional reps after the wideout got the better of Alexander at practice. After having already gone up against Doubs three times, Alexander's request was denied, but the highly competitive corner had high praise for his teammate post-practice, 

"Definitely [Doubs got better]. I think Doubs is close - second to being one of my top receivers in the league. So, I always want to go against Doubs. The dude's been really good. He's coming in his rookie year and not catching a single pass on me, and now he's going up for 50/50 balls now. Dude is really good."

#23 can take some credit for Romeo Doubs' rapid development. It was Alexander who took on the responsibly of getting rookie Doubs ready for NFL action, 

"A-Rod was like, 'Man, don't be getting on my rookie.' I'm like, 'Look A-Rod, I need to give him some tough skin.' You need to get some tough skin real quick. Afterward, it's all love."

Doubs didn't back down and proceeded to challenge the star corner, showing incredible determination while only a rookie, 

"It's funny because throughout the first part of camp, I gave him some time to get his feet wet, to get comfortable. I felt like once he was getting a little too comfortable, that's when I wanted to challenge him. And I gave him like game reps. I gave him the intensity of a game playing against me, somebody like me. And I wanted him to see what it was like." 

Jaire's mentoring worked for Doubs, who rose to the occasion each and every time he was challenged. When Alexander was asked what makes Doubs such a quality wide receiver, he responded, 

"I think his route running is very well. I mean, he's a pro. He goes about it the right way. He comes in - I mean he catches 100 balls. He catches more after practice. You can see he's a real pro, you know. You can see that his attention to detail is very on point."

Alexander then left Packers fans waxing nostalgic with a tear in the eye, as he identified who he believes is the best receiver in the NFL,

"Davante Adams. All I want for Christmas is a Davante Adams jersey."

Let's hope that it will indeed be a Merry Christmas for Jaire Alexander and for Packers fans alike. Packers Nation want only one thing under the proverbial Christmas tree; for Jaire, Romeo, and the rest of the Green Bay Packers to bring the Lombardi Trophy back to Green Bay where it belongs. 

As for Jaire, he also has big Birthday plans. He will turn 28 this year on February 9th, the same day as Super Bowl LIX.


FURTHER READING: Aaron Rodgers Still Shooting His Shot with Davante Adams 





Comments

Popular Posts