Davante Adams Calls Out Packers, Gives High Praise to Jordan Love

Raiders receiver Davante Adams reveals whether he has any regrets over leaving Green Bay and the next great Packers Quarterback in Jordan Love
Packers QB Jordan Love with Raiders WR Davante Adams 


The Davante Adams trade broke many a heart in Green Bay, Wisconsin and throughout Packer nation. The Packers traded their beloved star wideout to the Las Vegas Raiders on St. Patrick's Day just before the 2022 NFL Draft. Certainly, the team netted quite the hall for Adams, including the Raiders first round pick that year. Those picks inevitably became Quay Walker and Christian Watson but, still there's always been a little something missing since Adams' departure from Green Bay.
While on The Rush with Raiders teammate Maxx Crosby, Adams opened up about his departure from Green Bay, what he thinks about new Packers quarterback Jordan Love, and why he thinks he was traded. 

"I'm like the poster-child for you make a decision and you live with it at the end of the day. I'll never regret anything. I don't care if I came here [to Las Vegas] and my career went to shit. You've got to make decisions and roll with them. If you're one of those people that gets caught up on hindsight, this and that, then you'll lose your fucking mind in this game, so I don't regret anything, but what I will say is that - not that I doubted him [Jordan Love] in anyway because I definitely seen it. I seen the potential in there, but it was similar to kinda what we saw earlier in the season is kind of what I was able to watch while I was in Green Bay. Aaron's in there. All the reps that I'm getting are gonna be with him and we built up what we built."

It was a tough situation for Davante, who saw a lack of consistency from the Packers organization and some disrespect as well,  

"Basically off of that and having a young guy with no experience, for me it was tough to stay in that position and say this is what's best for me for sure, especially with all the back and forth with everything with the Packers contract stuff the year before. I basically told them, 'If y'all can figure this out now, going in this last year of my deal.' Because I had no security. I was basically playing under worse than a tag that year - my last year in Green Bay. I was the 20th highest paid receiver in the league. It was crazy, right? So, I tell them, 'Aaron has his stuff, back and forth every year. I'll ignore all of that, if we can just do this a year early and knock this out.' And I had proven it. I had two back to back All-Pros. I'm like, 'The more I play, I'm not gonna make it easier on you, so you may as well figure this out.' And they threw some deal at me that was almost like - barely made me even want to play for them that year. I was like, 'You know what, I'm gonna be there. I'm gonna be in camp. You're not gonna even notice that I'm irritated or noting. I'm gonna be the player I'm supposed to be,' and then I obviously went and did that."

Davante Adams did just as he promised, once again demonstrating his value and making contract negotiations more difficult. In his last two seasons in Green Bay, Davante Adams put up nearly 3,000 receiving yards and an astounding 29 touchdown receptions, 

"It raised up the stakes and made it tougher, so now the Packers wanted to figure it out and I'm going back and forth like, how do I distinguish whether this is the right thing to do vs going where I feel is definitely the right thing to do, playing with a guy I already have experience with. We put up a lot of touchdowns and yards in those two years we played. Obviously, it's college, but I don't have anything to base it off of with Jordan, so I'm playing the numbers: what makes more sense. Derek [Carr] was at one point in the league - he was an MVP candidate. You can not like Derek personally, but you gotta respect what he's done. He solidified my decision to come here."

Adams has, however, come to the realization that the Packers new quarterback Jordan Love is something special,

"At the time when I was there, I hadn't necessarily seen enough to say this is for sure what I should do, but in hindsight, like we talked about, the kid [Jordan Love] is a fucking baller, man. I'm so happy for him and I haven't really had the chance to truly sit down and talk with him, but I want to tell him at some point. I definitely don't regret changing, but I'm super proud of what you've done, and if there was a way I could pull you over here and drag you with me like that, that would have been cool too, because obviously we saw what he did in the year. I don't regret what I did, but at the same time, you look back and you're like, 'Damn, that boy a baller.'"

When asked if Jordan Love could be the next ONE, Adams replied, 

"I think he is. He's shown that. He's sorta come into his own. You can see the way he's talking to the media and everything. He's like a whole different person that what I saw when I was there and that comes with experience."

Throughout the interview Adams talks about several topics pertinent to his career, including some tough times he endured coming off three straight 13-3 seasons, only to start losing while with the Raiders. Adams also names several elite corners who made things difficult for him, talks about Richard Sherman's disrespect, and what he did in response. The rest of the interview is definitely worth watching and readers can do so below:






Comments

Popular Posts